Sunday, July 3, 2016

Birthday List - Set up for Plein Air Painting


The idea of plein air painting really intrigues me.  I would like to do that.  It's a little pricey (several hundred dollars, at least) to get all the materials to do it well.  I would need a lightweight and portable easel with a box for holding paints, brushes, etc.  A stool since I would be unable to stand for a long time painting.  So I think that's what I will ask for my birthday next month.  Then when Ron and I travel, I will take my plein air materials.  He can go shooting, and I can plein art paint.  Sounds like a win-win situation.  IF I'm any good at it.  Maybe I should try "plein air sketching" to begin with to see if there's any hope.

I still sincerely doubt my talent for painting - regardless of how much I enjoy it.  I look at what I've done and think I'm too guarded and stilted.  Ron told me today that I should just PAINT - be creative and just paint.  I don't know that I can do that.  I need an idea, a plan.  I wonder if I'm too guarded and stilted to ever be truly creative.

So since Ron said to "just paint," I decided to do that - and I ended up with a canvas with nothing in particular - just a canvas covered with paint.  LOL!  I need a little more structure and a better plan than "just paint."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...