Saturday, June 3, 2017

Another try at a turtle


Since I started Weight Watchers about six weeks ago, my mantra has been that I am a turtle. Because of my age and other factors, my weight loss will be slow.  I won't get discouraged and give up with small losses, extremely slow losses, plateaus or even gains. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!  I wanted a drawing of a turtle that I'd see often to remind myself to persevere. 

This is done in oils - a Sharpie used first to do the wording and outlines.  Then filled in with transparent colors and then opaque colors - with plenty of transparent colors showing through.  It's a quick and easy painting - a fun piece.

"Persevere!"  Oil on 6x6 gessoboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...