Saturday, December 9, 2017

Baptism in Leiper's Creek

Back on September 10th, after our church service, the congregation as a whole walked or drove the few blocks from the church, through the Leiper's Fork business district - which is just a few stores - and down the road to the Leiper's Creek swimming hole where we also have creek baptisms.  Pastor Betty baptized two people - first a woman and then a man.  I am not using their names in consideration for their privacy.  In my photograph, I made sure that no faces were shown.  I took several photos.  This one was my favorite:

Baptism in Leiper's Creek (Leiper's Fork, TN), September 10, 2017

So my next goal was to paint the scene.  I love to paint scenes that mean a lot to me.  Here's my painting and poem (a haiku) for this baptism painting:

Baptism in Leiper’s Creek, #1

In a muddy creek
A soul repents; God blesses
A new life begins

As I have done a lot recently, I posted the painting on my Facebook page, and two different people asked about buying it.  So I painted the scene two more times.  Now I have three similar baptism paintings.  I love all three of them.  There are differences, of course, between them.  You can't exactly duplicate a painting.  I will keep one copy because it is probably my favorite of all the paintings I've done thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...