Friday, November 3, 2017

Abstract. Sunset

I decided to just paint - quick and easy.  I wanted to see what I would come up with if I painted without over-thinking it.   I used the photo below that I took when Ron and I were at Blue Mountain Beach in Florida back in September.  Here is the photograph:


And here is my painting.  I like it - a lot.  Really, it’s one of my favorites of the paintings I’ve done - something about the colors is so pleasing to me.  I didn't want people in my painting -so I left them out. The beach was so crowded, though, that it was impossible to take a photograph without people in it. I toned the panel with red before I started, and I like the way the red underneath comes through with all the colors. It provides an under-glow that gives the painting vibrancy. 



Blue Mountain Beach Sunset (Florida)

Day’s end at the beach
Burning sun in orange and gold
Fire, sea, and clouds merge

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...