Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Artists and Professional Organizations

I joined The Chestnut Group (a mostly middle Tennessee Plein Air Group) a couple years ago.  It's a great group to join because there are so many wonderful artists in it.  I have grown as an artist enormously since I began signing up for their workshops and getting more involved.  The past few weeks I've started looking around at other art organizations that I could join.

There are some groups that are "invitation only," and so, of course, I can't join those. However, I looked for other art groups that allow artists to join who aren't professional and aren't represented by galleries. Thus I joined Outdoor Painters Society (associate member), and I applied to Oil Painters of America (associate member).  I had to submit two painting to OPA, and now I wait to see if they accept me or not.  (Later note) - I was accepted to OPA.  So now I'm a member of The Chestnut Group, and associate member of Outdoor Painters Society, an associate member of Oil Painters of America, and an associate member of the American Impressionistic Society.  I think that is more than enough!   I will look through member resources on each their respective webpages and see what help I can find.

It will be interesting and fun to see if those new relationships and memberships will help me improve my art as much as The Chestnut Group.

Update: 4/13/2019 - I also joined American Women Artists.





American Women Artists

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...