Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Entering Art in our County Fair

Today was the day to enter items in the "Cultural Arts" part of our local county fair. Cultural Arts includes a "Judged Art Show" which has several different classes. Since one can enter three items in each class, I entered three of my paintings in the amateur class 04 for "Painting/Pencil/Charcoal (includes oil acrylic, watercolor, 1 dimension mixed media)".

"At the End of a Road in Tuscany" oil on 12 x 16 linen panel
"Let's do the Twist" oil on 9 x 12 linen panel
"He Planted Wildflowers for Me" oil on 8 x 16 linen panel

I also entered two of my fused glass items in the amateur class 06 for "Other fine art (ifiber, stained glass, fused glass, silk screening, jewelry etc.)"  Here are those two items:

Fused Glass pendant and earrings. Two fusings were necessary to create these glass "beads."

Fused Glass vase. Three fusings were necessary to create this free form vase.
Thursday morning I will submit all my culinary entries to the fair. Then the fair will open on Friday evening. That is when I will find out if I won any ribbons.

Last year I put three of my paintings in the Fair - and didn't win a single ribbon.  I won some for my cooking - even a "Best of Show" for my biscuits. I hope that one of my art offerings will get a ribbon this year. We will find out in just three days.

Update: I peeked at the art work when I took my culinary entries to the fair awhile ago. The fair opens tomorrow evening. I only looked at paintings - didn’t even think about looking at the fused glass.  Here is my part of the amateur painting results:



When I remembered that I’d submitted two fused glass items too, I went back to the fairgrounds and looked. I figured it’s a lot less crowded today because tomorrow night it will be a madhouse. Here is my part of the amateur “other” art results: 



To say I’m pleased with my two blue ribbons would be an understatement!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...