Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Outdoor Painters Society Associate Members Show and Sale

I joined the Outdoor Painters Society a few months ago. When I got an email announcing that they would be having the First Annual Associate Members Show and Sale in Corsicana, Texas, I thought I would enter the show. It will be in August and run into September. Each associate member could submit up to 4 paintings. They guaranteed that one painting would be accepted, and no more than two would be accepted.  So I submitted four paintings, and two were accepted.  The two that were accepted were the two of the Golden Gate Bridge that I had painted while in San Francisco for PACE19.

I happen to have photographs of both paintings "in progress" at the Golden Gate Bridge back in April when I was at the conference.
"Golden Gate Bridge from Crissy Field" in progress, 4/25/2019

"Golden Gate Bridge from Crissy Field," oil on 11x14 linen panel
"Golden Gate Bridge from Lands End" in progress, 4/27/2019


"Golden Gate Bridge from Lands End" oil on 12x12 canvas panel
My next step is to follow the very detailed directions to box up both paintings and ship them to Texas. They will keep the shipping box to ship them back to me after the show - unless one or both of them sell. Ha! I'd have to have them both sell in order to recoup the money I'm spending with shipping them to Texas. I'm not expecting either to sell. However, at least I have paintings in an official art show, and I'm listed on their web page as one of the "contributing artists."  And that's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...