Thursday, May 31, 2018

Finished (almost) art studio

After several months of being topsy-turvy, my art studio is done - almost.  The walls are painted, the cabinets I ordered came in, and the carpenter installed them and built the shelves above them.  Now, I need the painter to come back and stain them.  However, I've already put things on the shelves.  I figure I can empty the shelves easily when they're ready to do the staining.  I will need Ron's help to get the bulletin boards put back up.  Then I will hang the paintings I want in there - and it will be done.  However, the good news is that it is already ready to be used again - and it HAS been used.

Here is a photo of as the carpenter was finishing up.


I babysat Evey and Bradley Wednesday of last week, and they both completed painting projects at the desks.  I've been out of town since last Thursday - a full week - but I'm ready to get back in the studio again to finish up paintings I've started and do some new ones.

And here are some more photos.  Shelves and drawers are organized and filled. My acrylic station and oil station are both set up and ready to go. The sitting alcove is ready.  I just need to put bulletin board and art work on walls and get shelves stained. Oh!  And lighting installed above each station. 










My studio is back in order - so no more reasons not to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...