Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Two paintings and 3 Fused Glass Pieces in two separate Auctions

This past weekend was a weekend of our church festival plus a concert, and both events had their accompanying auctions! Each year our church's annual Fall Festival and our town's Concert 4 the Cure occur on the same weekend. Ron and I are always pulled between the two events - trying to get to both although they're both the same evening. Our family is invested in the Concert 4 the Cure because Lily (my granddaughter who has battled leukemia twice) has worked so hard to raise money for childhood cancer research. All the money raised at Concert 4 the Cure each year goes to Vandy's Children's Hospital - where Lily has been treated since 2008.  This was the first year Lily has missed the Concert - but she missed it because she's away at college! That fact fills me with such happiness that she is able to experience college after all she has been through. My daughter, Lily's mom, is in charge of the silent auction each year, and she made sure I contributed.

So I donated items to the auction/silent auction at each event.

I donated this painting to our church’s Fall Festival. It is a painting of our church, and it was in the live auction. It sold for $250.  One of my best friends bought it, and soon after the auction she texted me a photo of the painting already hanging on a wall in her home. I was so honored! It's the third time I've painted the church - and I hope to paint it again someday. I wrote a poem to go with the painting.


Then, for the Concert 4 the Cure's Silent Auction,  I donated the following painting and fused glass items. Although the paintings and glass pieces were displayed at the concert, the bidding was done online. I was in Georgia and was able to bid on several items from there (not any of my items!  LOL!) I have no idea who bought any of my items.

Here are screen shots of the final bid amount for all four of my donations:






I was so pleased that I was able to contribute to both our church and to the children's hospital through my art. And this was the first time I sold any of my art work. So that's a milestone in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...