Wednesday, October 9, 2019

It's "Finish Up" Time at the Beach

10//2/2019:  We are at the beach!  My husband is competing in a tournament, and I am at the rental condo - with nothing to do but enjoy the beach and paint. I am SO excited about the next few days and the opportunity to rest, relax, enjoy the beach, and paint! I brought along FIVE unfinished paintings from the workshops I attended in September. Yes, I have five unfinished paintings!  LOL! I got home from each workshop and basically crashed - was simply too artistically exhausted to work on the paintings at the time.  I like them and want to finish them . . . I think. We will see.

Below are the "before"photos of each painting along with the "after" photos.

Before

After - Oil on 11x14 linen panel


Before

After - Oil on 12x16 linen panel


Before

After - Oil on 9x12 linen panel

And it was at this point, that our trip ended. So I finished three paintings while at the beach. I will finish the two paintings below at some other time.

And as far as the previous three that I "finished" - I still see changes I want to make on each one - and perhaps I will get around to that soon. Right now, though, I've really been thinking a lot about using cold wax medium again and doing some paintings that are more abstract.

Before

Before

2 comments:

  1. It seems that a painting, like a poem, essay, or other writing piece, is never "finished." I love these - especially the one with the wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan. My biggest change on the wheelbarrow painting is that the shape of the wheelbarrow is off. The other two paintings, I have the color of the leaves on the trees off - it's all too whitish. The trees look better in the "before" photos. I'll work on those net week. There comes a point where you say it's done - even if it's not - but I'm not at that point with those three paintings yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...