Friday, August 2, 2019

Final County Fair Results for Me

The Williamson County Fair opened today. Ron and I went to see all the exhibits, test out some of the food (The dry rub ribs at the Music City Brisket food truck were awesome!), and to see the results of the competitive events. We saw some friends and enjoyed some music while we were there, too. We left there and went to downtown Franklin for the first Friday Art Crawl and visited with my friend, Sheryl, who was showing some of her art at the Landmark Book Store right downtown.

So here are the results from the items I entered in the competitive events:

1st Place Ribbons
  • Painting - "He Planted Wildflowers for Me"
  • Fused Glass Vase
  • Peach Cobbler
  • Oatmeal Cookies
  • Triple Chocolate Brownies
  • Farm Eggs

2nd Place Ribbons
  • Almond Spice Cookies 
  • Butter Pecan Fudge 
  • Caramels
  • Cheesy Herb Biscuits
  • Blueberry Orange Muffins
  • Food Mix in a Jar (Triple Chocolate Caramel Brownies)

Items I entered that didn't place
  • Pecan Pie (I forgot about it and left it in the oven too long - I knew it was way overdone)
  • Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Fresh Apple Cake (For the "cake mix as a base" class)
  • 2 Paintings 
  • Fused Glass Pendant and Earrings
I'm pleased with these results. Here are photos of all my 1st place winners. Thanks to Ron for taking photos of everything for me.
Eggs from our small flock of chickens. I've always loved the variety of colors. We collected eggs for several days, and I was careful to select eggs that were all about the same size and free of any defects or spots.

Ron is rightfully proud of the eggs from our chickens. He takes good care of them.

Triple Chocolate Brownies

Oatmeal Cookies - made from the recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oatmeal container.

Peach Cobbler - I changed up the recipe for the crust - adding brown sugar, oatmeal, and some cinnamon and cloves to the batter to give it a little different kick

"He Planted Wildflowers for Me" - oil on 8x16 linen panel. I wrote a poem to go with this painting since it means a lot to me.

My fused glass vase. I love the colors and the free-form look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...