Saturday, August 3, 2019

And the accepted paintings are off to the Outdoor Painters Society Show in Texas

Last night I finished all the paperwork for submitting my two paintings to the Outdoor Painters Society Associates Show and Sale in Corsicana, Texas, got the box packed up, and looked up where our local Fed-Ex is located. This morning I took the box to Fed-Ex and shipped it. It should arrive in Corsicana by mid-week next week. The actual show is August 12th through September 26th. 

I wrote about this just a few days ago - here.  And these are the two paintings, again. They're two that I painted when I was at the Plein Air Convention and Expo in San Francisco back in April.

"Golden Gate Bridge from Crissy Field" oil on 11x14 linen

"Golden Gate Bridge from Lands End" oil on 12x12 canvas
Even though one painting was guaranteed to be accepted for the show, I still am happy to have two paintings accepted and shown in an official Outdoor Painters Society show. There is a reception and awards presentation on August 15th. I won't be able to attend the show since I have something both the day before and the day after it. Plus, I'm not sure it would be worth driving or flying to Texas just to see my paintings in a show.

It will be fun over the next couple months to see how this show works out all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...