Tuesday, August 6, 2019

More Cold Wax Medium and Wildflowers

Tuesday night, I decided to do some quick studies with cold wax medium. I still had my piles of oils and cold wax medium on my palette, and they were still usable. Plus, I had just bought some 5x5 and 5x7 frames.  So I did a 5x5 and 5x7 of the wildflowers at the front of our driveway.

"Wildflowers by the Driveway" oil and cold wax medium on 5x7 canvas panel

"Wildflowers by Rock Wall" oil and cold wax medium on 5x5 canvas panel
I did most of both paintings with a palette knife and then the tip of an angled paintbrush. One thing I really like about using cold wax medium is the texture that I can get. I've always loved the look of texture in a painting, and I certainly tend to use a lot of paint.

Overall, I'm pleased with these two paintings. They're small. I finished both in about two hours altogether. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...