Sunday, March 4, 2018

Day 3 - Sea Island Painting

For day 3, I asked Mary O to come to our room at The Cloisters at Sea Island. We have a huge porch with beautiful scenery.  I wanted to go over the two tree paintings I’d started in days 1 and 2, and I wanted to get the sketch completed of the chapel at Epworth By The Sea before we went there to paint.

So that’s what we did.  This first day's painting is my least favorite of the three days.  I'm still not happy with the leaves - they don't look natural enough.  I will work on this more at home.



This next one was the Day 2 painting.  This is where we set up in an alley and looking down the alley at this tree.  In retrospect, I would've said no to a second day of painting trees, but I didn't.  I like this painting, although it's not one I'd particularly want to frame.  I like the shadows in front of it.



Here is a photograph of the chapel at Epworth By The Sea.



And here is the sketch we finished before heading to Epworth By The Sea to start painting.



Here is what I’ve done up to this point.  However I must set it aside for now because we will be heading home soon.  Ron will finish his last competition at the Seminole Cup in the next little while, and we will head to the airport and head home in Ron’s Bonanza.  It’ll take about 3 hours for the trip home - depending on whether or not we have a head-wind or tail-wind or no wind.  

Once home, I hope to get my studio out from under all the painters’ plastic and be back to painting in there very soon!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...