Friday, July 12, 2019

Fused Glass - Getting Back into It . . . Somewhat

Wednesday I got back into doing fused glass when I went back to my friend, Margaret, who has a glass studio next to her garage.. It has been a lot of fun designing various projects there. However, I've found it difficult to regularly go there. We've had so much traveling the past few months. And it will be another 3 weeks before I can go again.

Wednesday I saw this platter that I had completed a month or two ago, and since then Margaret had fused it again in her kiln. We decided that it needed to have a "full fuse" in order for the flower designs to more fully fuse onto the clear glass. 


Then I worked on this platter more - adding more leaves, a red bird, a blue bird and a butterfly.  Margaret will put it in the kiln and fuse it before I go there again.


I've been thinking of what I want to work on next. I'm thinking of doing another vase similar to this one - but this time I want to do a design completely my own. This one was fashioned similarly to one that Margaret had done. 

I also want to do more beads. That involves choosing the colors I want and then stacking/gluing glass with those colors together. Then they'll be fired into one big blob with the colors all fused together. Then I'll take a hammer and whack into a bunch of smaller pieces. We'll fuse those - and they form beads. Then I'll select the pieces that I can use for pendants and earrings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...