Thursday, July 4, 2019

Williamson County FCE Clubs' Cultural Arts Day

Many years before I started painting, I enjoyed doing crafts - lots and lots of different crafts. I didn't believe in myself as an artist, and so I did something more structured that I felt I could be more successful in doing.  I've done beadwork, macrame, rock-painting, weaving, stained glass, crocheting, knitting, sewing, and more recented, fused glass.

Last week, was our Williamson County FCE Clubs' Cultural Arts Day, and so I entered three of my crafts and one of my paintings into the competition. Here are my results:

This are the fused glass necklace and earrings I made. Fused glass is fun to do, although it's important to be careful! I like that no two completed pieces of glass are identical.  

This is another fused glass piece - a vase. This was particularly fun to make, and I love the way it looks.

These are prayer beads made with a cross of olive wood from Bethlehem. I got the crosses off Amazon.  I've probably made more than 100 sets of prayer beads over the past few years.


This was my solitary painting entry, and it got a second place ribbon.  Out of all the paintings, I could have chosen, I'm not sure why I didn't chose another painting. I like this one, though. It's my second painting of the wild flowers at the front of our property.



No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...