Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Blue Angel

I started working on an angel a couple days ago and only succeeded in getting a background done.  So today I got it back out and did the angel.  It literally took only a few minutes.  Now that I look at it, though, I'm thinking I need to add more dark blue to the bottom and top left.  So I will do that later and then add the finished photo.

This one was simple because the wings and dress are straight strokes of the brush.  The only detail work is her hair, and since it is a back view, there was no worry about facial details.

I went back to my studio to look at the painting and in person, the blue is plenty dark enough.  So I will let it be.  I like the free feelings of the painting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...