Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Steeples instead of Churches

Today my sister, Beth, and I traveled to St. Mary's bookstore and gift shop in downtown Nashville. Beth want s to get a First Communion gift for her granddaughter, Emma.  While there we noticed a display of painting on one column of the store. All the paintings were of steeples.  And we thought why try to paint an entire church building?  Instead let's start with just the steeple.

Remember this painting I started a week or so ago.  I can look at it and know it's my church - Hillsboro United Methodist Church in Leiper's Fork, TN.  I roughed in the basic shapes but then was not sure how to proceed.  So I stopped.  So we are thinking of doing just the steeple with enough of one side to make sure the identity of the church is clear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...