Saturday, October 14, 2017

Paint Out - Paint Not

This morning I went to the Chestnut Group's Saturday morning "Paint Out" at Warner Park in Nashville.  There were 5 or 6 people there.  I walked around looking for something I wanted to paint.  The only thing vaguely interesting was a little cemetery behind one of the houses near the Nature Center.  One of the houses serves as a museum, I think, and the other has some administrative offices in it.  They're old houses - apparently where possibly the "Warners" lived many years ago.  Who knows.  Guess I could read up on the history of the Warner Parks - there are two of them - Percy Warner Park and Edwin Warner Park.  I wonder if they were brothers?  Father and son?   OK, that's beside the point.




Back to painting.  I set up and started painting the little cemetery - only two grave stones in it, and they were so discolored with age and mold that I couldn't read what was inscribed on them.  There was a old rock wall around it, and a couple large trees outside of it.  Actually fairly picturesque - but dark.  So I blocked in all the main shapes.  But then, I looked at it - and my heart just wasn't in it.  It was blah and uninteresting - and I didn't want to paint it.  So I packed up all my stuff and left.  I'd spent almost 2 hours there - and that was enough.

There are so many things I WANT to paint, I couldn't see spending any longer trying to paint something I didn't care about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...