Monday, October 2, 2017

The Barn on Bear Creek Road

We own about 25+ acres on Bear Creek Road which is just a mile or so from where we live.  On the property is an old tobacco barn.  It's falling down but is very scenic because of the weathered boards and way it stands alone in the field.  Driving towards the property, there's a place in the road where this is the view of the barn.  I took photos of it, and then painted this from that photo reference.


Bear Creek Road Barn

Beyond the weathered fence
The aging barn stands yet.
What crops and animals has it held?
Those secrets are its own.

This might be my favorite painting so far.  Right now,  I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...