Monday, February 19, 2018

Rome, Georgia’s Clock Tower

I’m visiting my mother in Rome, Georgia.  I drove to the Clock Tower which is the main landmark for Rome and took some photos.  I didn’t bring my painting supplies with me in this trip, and so I ran by Michael’s and bought the bare minimum of what I needed to paint - a package of canvas panels, student grade oil paints in primary colors plus white, Payne’s Gray and Raw Umber, a small container of odorless solvent, a small bottle of medium, and several cheap brushes.  I obviously could not get my blue to look blue.  It was Ultramarine Blue.  Why does it look gray?   Maybe it’s the “student grade.”  I am going home tomorrow and will finish it then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...