Thursday, February 15, 2018

Topsy-Turvy Studio - Changes on the way

We are re-painting the entire interior of our house - walls, moldings, ceilings, doors - everything.  So all the paintings that I so carefully hung on walls over the past couple months are now stacked on beds in the empty bedrooms.

Despite the general chaos and clutter, I am very excited about one thing.  As soon as the painting is finished, we are getting a carpenter to come in and build shelves and cabinets along one wall in my studio to hold all my supplies.  I will design it so there will be room for drying paintings, for canvases and panels, for all my paints, frames and all the piles of materials and supplies that painting generates.  It's going to look so good and be so convenient.  Right now I have a row of plastic shelving across that entire wall.  And that works - and although it is utilitarian, it is not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...