Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hanging my paintings

I had mentioned in one post that I spent a good bit of time recently framing, wiring and hanging all of my paintings that I liked well enough to put up for viewing.  Here are some photos of the ones I have hanging in the upstairs hallway "gallery."  I have more that I've hung in my studio.

Finding frames (generally NOT an inexpensive purchase), and learning how to correctly wire them for hanging was a good learning experience.  After framing and wiring about 30+ paintings, I've learned the process pretty well and can frame/wire a painting in just a few minutes.

Ron recently got some woodworking equipment, and I told him that I'd like to learn to make picture frames.  We've got the equipment for it, and so my next step is to learn where to get the materials and then how to do it myself.

There are some paintings I've done that I'm very pleased with, and there are some with obvious flaws.  However, they each remind me of lessons learned and experiences I treasure.  So, without further ado, here are the paintings in my upstairs gallery.









No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...