Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Lily and Sophie

There is a photo from when my first two granddaughters, Lily and Sophie, were toddlers - around 2 and 3  years old.  They're wearing matching red outfits and they're running.  Such a cute photo.  So I decided it was what I wanted to paint next.


First I blocked in the basic shapes and started putting in basic colors (local color).


Below is with everything (shapes/colors) blocked in.


This next photo is after I started working on their faces a little and adding a little shading.  If I can get their faces right, I'm fairly confident I can do the rest of the painting. So far, so good. 


Another step in the process.


I didn't like the white around them - so back to the drawing board for the background.



Then I decided to put the sidewalk back in, along with more fine-tuning their feet, arms, and faces.

And here is the final version.


I like it - I really do.

Here's the poem to go with it:

Two Sisters

Lily and Sophie - Two sisters running
Together in dress - Together in stride
Lily and Sophie - Two sisters loving
In step with each other – and side by side

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...