Friday, January 5, 2018

Painting with Children

My sister, Beth, is in town for a few weeks - staying with her son and his family that live just a few miles from me.  So we are doing some things together.  We painted together a couple days ago upstairs in my studio, and then on January 4th, she brought her granddaughter and grandson over, and my son brought over my two youngest granddaughters, and we had a painting party.  We set up table-top easels at the kitchen table, used paper plate palettes - and they had a blast.  Just look at the concentration on their faces!


They each finished two paintings, and once they were all finished, we had an art show.  Here are Bradley, Liam, Emma and Evey with their first paintings:


And here they are with their second paintings:



Bradley, my 4-year old granddaughter, summed it up with these words as she finished her first painting, and she said it again when she finished her second painting - looking at each painting with a smile of satisfaction:  "I am finished, and it is beautiful!"  


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...