Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 - Starting off the New Year

I spent the first couple days of the new year working in my studio.  Not painting but decluttering and catching up.  It no longer has workout equipment in there.  I moved all that stuff into the workout room.  The little mini-trampoline, weight bench and balance ball were tripping hazards!  Also, a MAJOR goal that I accomplished was framing and hanging on the walls the paintings that I like well enough to frame and put on the walls.  That ended up being about twenty painting.  Framing is not an inexpensive endeavor!  Some of the paintings have obvious flaws, but I framed them anyway because there are lessons to be learned from each of them.

For Christmas, I gave the first baptism painting to our pastor's husband to give to her.  She's the pastor in the painting - and I really like all three of the paintings I did from that one photograph that I took.

My sister, Beth, is in town visiting her son and his family for a few weeks, and she and I will be taking some classes together.  Last night she painted an angel which I really like.  See the photo below of Beth's painting.  I like the way she has the angel's body turned a little.


While Beth worked on her angel, I worked more on the Alaska painting of Lily and Sophie.  Here is what I ended up with:



No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...