Saturday, January 6, 2018

Two Alla Prima Quick Studies

My sister Beth and I decided to set up a still life and to give ourselves an hour and paint it.  We had to stop when the timer went off.

I didn't think to take photo of the still life from two different angles because Beth sat at one of my painting tables, and I was at the other - on opposite sides of the still life.  So there is a photo reference for what I painted, but no photo reference for what Beth painted.

Here's the photo reference - the light was shining high above the still life.



Here is Beth's painting - you can see that the perspective is different from the photo above.



And here is my painting - which is from the same perspective as the photo reference.



No serious painting - just a good exercise in going ahead and putting paint on the panel and not getting caught up in small details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOAPS 2021 Associate Member Online Exhibition

I'm happy to say that my painting, "Bear Creek Road Reflections" was chosen to be in the 2021 NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic ...